2. Clean the actual space. Once the clutter is gone, disinfect, wipe down and dust off. Do everything including cleaning your computer monitors and nontoxic cleaners to wipe down your keyboards, your mouse, and anything else that may come to mind.
3. Create a system that accommodates your essentials. Create an organization method that actually works for you and your style. This might mean getting rid of your paperwork and going digital with Google docs, or vice versa. Figure out what actually works for you.
4. Bring in some life. Decorate with a low-maintenance plant or two. Plants make you happier and healthier, in addition to filtering the air. It’s a win win!
5. Bring in something that reminds you to smile. This could be a picture or funky pen that holds some emotional significance, put it in plain sight and allow it to remind you to keep it light when things may be hardening down.
6. Keep it going. Tidy up every Friday to keep the dirt and clutter out, while remembering to bring and keep the goodness in.